Wileman Elementary School was opened in 1952, but to us, it’s all brand new.
The school recently transitioned from a neighborhood elementary that served students through grade 5, to one that now only serves our Delavan-Darien community’s youngest learners. As part of our “Center School” concept, Wileman houses our Early Childhood, 4-year-old Kindergarten and 5-year-old Kindergarten programs.
The school is designed with the littlest learners in mind, and provides opportunities for before- and after-school childcare.
Also, any student who rides the bus to school only rides with his or her schoolmates. All the bus routes to and from Wileman Elementary are separate from the routes that serve our other elementary schools and our middle and high schools. That makes the transition to school that much easier and that much safer for our early learners.
Despite being young, our Wileman Elementary School students have all the perk’s of the “bigger kids” when it comes to technology. Our One-to-One technology program is district-wide and reaches down all the way into our pre-school classrooms. There, students use iPads and Chromebooks to enhance their learning through a wide variety of age-appropriate applications and websites.
The school also houses the beginning grades of the county’s only Dual Language Education program. In this model, students as young as 4-year-old kindergarten are immersed in bilingual classrooms where Spanish and English are the dominant languages. In fact, in 4-year-old kindergarten, Spanish is spoken about 90 percent of the school day. As the students progress, additional English is introduced until the instruction is split about 50/50 between the two languages. The choice program is open to all students — including native English speakers — and sets kids on a pathway to becoming bilingual, biliterate, bicultural and much more employable when they’re adults!
Here’s our 10 most-recent headlines.
Click here for more news!
- No School 11/26/18 due to weatherThe Delavan-Darien Schools will be closed today 11/26/18 due to poor weather conditions. ... read morePublished on Monday, November 26, 2018
- DDSD Awarded $102K School Safety GrantThe Delavan-Darien School District has been awarded additional funds via the State Safety Grant for the amount of $102,708 for the 2018-19 school year at no expense for the district’s taxpayers. Before the announcement of the 2018 School Safety Initiative Grant, the Delavan-Darien School District had already made a considerable ... read morePublished on Thursday, July 26, 2018
- Mercy to Offer Sports Physicals Screening at Reduced RatePhysicals are required for participating in DDSD sports and Mercyhealth is offering a reduced rate physical screening next month: Wednesday, July 25, noon-5 pm Mercyhealth Elkhorn 829 N. Wisconsin St. Appointments are required. Call (262) 245-0535 or toll-free (877) 893-5503 Please see this flyer for more information! ... read morePublished on Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- Referendum Update & Information May 1, 2018 – Dr. Robert CristMay 1, 2018 Dear Staff and Community Members, Our referendum failed. The Board is already discussing how to approach another in November. The “operational” question must be a separate issue. The operational referendum is imperative for us to continue quality education for each of our children. Fallout: We knew we ... read morePublished on Wednesday, May 2, 2018
- After School Activities Canceled: 4/18/18Dear Delavan-Darien School District families, All Delavan-Darien School District after-school activities scheduled for today, 4/18/18, have been canceled due to the weather. Please check our website, www.ddschools.org, for further updates. Thank you. ***** Estimadas Familias del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien, Todas las Actividades Despu és de Clases del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien programadas para el ... read morePublished on Wednesday, April 18, 2018
- Ready, Set, Go: Child Development ScreeningsReady, Set, Go!Free Child Development Screenings for Delavan-Darien Area Children Age 0-4 The Delavan-Darien School District is holding free Child Development Screenings for area children age 0-4 on Wednesday, April 25th. DOWNLOAD FLYER The screenings will be held from 7:00-9:30 a.m. at Wileman Elementary School, 1001 E. Geneva St., Delavan. ... read morePublished on Monday, April 16, 2018
- Wileman Elementary Receives $500 ExxonMobil Education Alliance GrantWileman Elementary School Principal Becky Schneider (left) accepts an ExxonMobil Education Alliance Grant check for $500 from Jim Mehta, co-owner of the Evergreen Mobil Mart in Delavan. Mehta worked with his company’s management staff and school officials to secure the grant. This generous grant is an extension of the ExxonMobil ... read morePublished on Thursday, April 12, 2018
- NO SCHOOL: Friday, Feb. 9 (Weather Closing)ORIGINAL MESSAGEDear Delavan-Darien School District families,All Delavan-Darien schools are closed 2/9/2018 due to the weather. All after-school activities have also been canceled. Please check our website, www.ddschools.org, for further updates.Thank you. EspañolEstimadas Familias del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien,Todas las escuelas de Delavan-Darien estaran cerradas el 9/2/2018, debido al clima. Todas las actividades después ... read morePublished on Thursday, February 8, 2018
- SCHOOLS CLOSED: Tuesday, Jan. 23, due to weatherSPORTS UPDATE: The following athletics activities have been rescheduled due to today’s weather closure: Swimming double dual (Platteville/Lancaster and Jefferson/Cambridge) reschedule to Tuesday, January 30th, 6 p.m. Girls Basketball (Union Grove) rescheduled to Friday, January 26th, 5:30 p.m.JV 1 and 7 p.m. Varsity. Both are home events. ACTUALIZACIÓN DE DEPORTES: Las ... read morePublished on Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Phoenix Career Fair is March 14, 2018. Volunteers needed!Phoenix Middle School is hosting a Career Expo Fair for the Phoenix Middle School students (6th-8th Grade) from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, March 14. Volunteer guests are needed at the Career Expo Fair and will provide expertise to help middle school students have a better understanding of their career goals and pathways. CLICK PIC ... read morePublished on Thursday, January 18, 2018
Wileman Elementary School 1001 E. Geneva St., Delavan, WI | Phone: 262-233-6200 | en Español: 262-233-6290 | Fax: 262-728-6956 | Contact Us | Nondiscrimination Statement
© Copyright - Delavan-Darien School District | This page last modified: Jan 4, 2018 @ 12:36 pm
The Delavan-Darien School District does not accept unsolicited email, phone or fax advertisements.